The benefits to having luxury plank vinyl in your South Florida home.
Benefits of Luxury Plank Vinyl
There are many different benefits to having luxury plank vinyl in your South Florida home; however, it can sometimes be helpful to look at the advantages compared to the drawbacks. Knowing the ins and outs of particular flooring types can be beneficial when you are choosing in which rooms to put them. While understanding the detriments can help you avoid placing plank vinyl in places where it should not go.
This article will discuss both the advantages and the disadvantages of luxury vinyl. It will also discuss placement and a trusted place here in Florida to contact in regard to getting vinyl flooring installation in your house.
THE PROS AND THE CONS OF LUXURY PLANK VINYL
Like many different products that are available to be purchased today, there are both good qualities and bad aspects to every item. Unfortunately, though luxury plank vinyl (also known as LVP or luxury vinyl tile, LVT) is an extraordinary flooring option and its benefits can in some cases far outweigh the list of shortcomings, there are still a few disadvantages to it too.
Read each list carefully and use the information to help you make a judgement call regarding vinyl plank floors in your home.
THE PROS OF LUXURY VINYL FLOORS
With its outstanding ability to look authentic, easy installation, cost effectiveness, and durability it is a wonder that everyone does not have some form of LVP or LVT in their homes today. Here is a further in depth look at some of the beneficial features of having luxury vinyl plank flooring.
“…its benefits can in some cases far outweigh the list of shortcomings…”
- Vinyl flooring is printed to appear in many different ways. That means that this type of flooring is entirely customizable with colors and varieties that know no limits.
- Any Subfloor
- Budget Friendly
- Affordability is one of vinyl floorings most widely known features. Before more high-quality varieties of vinyl, its low cost is one of the only good thingsconsumers knew about this type of flooring. Now, with modern engineering and technologies, versatility is vinyl plank floorings main advantage.
- Due to the ability to change the aesthetics of luxury vinyl plank, you can achieve different looks. Though most people typically think of vinyl that looks like wood, you canalso choose a natural stone or tile appearance as well. Each different style has its color, shade, and texture variations as well as the ability to have different finishes such as gloss or matte.
- There is a layer added to the top of luxury plank vinyl that helps it handle excess wear and tear, and allows the vinyl to meet commercial grade standards for sturdiness. Causing damage such as scratches or dents is very difficult
- Low Maintenance
- Due to the smooth surface of vinyl, taking care of this flooring very easy. You typically only need to sweep or vacuum it. If spills do occur, you can use a damp mop to clean the affected area. There is never a need for polishing or waxing this type of floor covering.
- Moisture Resistance
Vinyl is naturally moisture resistant.
- Vinyl is moisture resistant naturally. If water or a spill does get on your vinyl flooring, simply wipe it up in a timely manner, so that the liquid does not seep into the seams, and the flooring should be unaffected by the moisture. This means that vinyl flooring can be used in almost any room in your home.
THE CONS OF VINYL PLANK FLOORING
Though it is hard to say anything to detrimental to vinyl tile flooring, there are typically downsides to any product. Here is a short list of the features that we feel could be less than desirable to some people.
- Flexibility with Longevity
- In other words,if you set any heavy item on the vinyl plank flooring for an extended period of time, you may risk putting permanent dents in the floor. For example: if you have an excessively heavy couch (such as a hide-a-bed with a steel frame) and you leave it in the same position, you could eventually create permanent indentations where the feet or structure of the couch was set continuously on the vinyl. This is similar with some other flooring types such as softer wood
- Due to the nature of the materials vinyl is made from, it is not naturally biodegradable. While this does lead some people to believe that vinyl is not ecologically friendly, this is not true of every style. Some vinyl flooring can be recycled and repurposed.
- Not Weather Resistant
- Vinyl flooring can become brittle and fade over time with excessive ultraviolet exposure. This means that after prolonged exposure to sunlight, your floors could lose some of their durability and color vibrancy.
Vinyl flooring is very durable and difficult to scratch or dent.
- Though today’s vinyl flooring is very durable and difficult to scratch or dent, you can puncture it with very sharp or weighty objects. This is not typically an issue; however, it is worth noting if you plan to utilize luxury plank flooring in your kitchen where you may periodically drop knives or broken glass.It is also important to remember this detriment if you will be utilizing this flooring in an industrial or commercial area that has extraordinarily heavy objects dropped or moved on it regularly.
- Depending on the method of installation, removing vinyl flooring can be challenging. There are two standard methods of installation, glue/adhesive, or tongue and an interlocking groove system.Floating luxury vinyl plankswith a tongue and groove interlock are simpler to remove; however, if there were adhesives of any kind used during any part of the installation process, removal could be more troublesome and complete removal may require the help of a professional flooring removal service.
WEIGHING THE GOOD AND THE BAD OF VINYL
Once you have looked at all the benefits of luxury vinyl flooring and weighed them against the detrimental features, I am certain you have found that LVP is an exceptional option. You will want to consider all the areas in your home that you want to add the new flooring.
Think about the amount of traffic, types of activities that will be done in that area, and type of light or weather exposure the floor may get. With a little planning you could redo your entire home with new LVT flooring.
Because it comes in so many different looks and styles you could make some rooms look like they were natural hardwood while others were stone tile in appearance.
“…you will have a wide variety of colors and sizes to choose from that make customization almost limitless.”
You will want to choose a good quality brand name such as Mohawk Flooring or Shaw Floors. With their quality products and years of experience producing these types of products, you will have a wide variety of colors and sizes to choose from that make customization almost limitless.
The only other thing there really will be to consider, is where you should buy your luxury vinyl today!
KUHN FLOORING, YOUR SOUTH FLORIDA LUXURY VINYL INSTALLERS
Kuhn Flooring is the best Luxury Plank Vinyl installation company in South Florida.
Kuhn Flooring is one of the best Luxury Plank Vinyl installation companies here in South Florida. Our team of knowledgeable experts has years of experience in the flooring industry and can assist you with all aspects of your project.
Additionally, our design consultants can guide you in selecting the best flooring for each room while our installation team will install your new floors to your satisfaction.
We offer a wide selection of luxury plank vinyl as well as many other flooring options such as tile, carpeting, hardwood, and laminate. Here at Kuhn flooring, we work with all different clients on all manner of projects.
We have done many residential jobs as well as complex commercial developments throughout the South Florida area.
As a result of our commitment to our customers, we have excellent references and great reviews; infact, you can read some of our five star Florida flooring reviews on our website.
The combination of our design teams and flooring experts makes Kuhn Flooring the right flooring installation company for the job. If you are considering upgrading any of the floorings in your home or office, you should contact one of our agents today. We make your interior design needs our priority.
Resources and References