Kuhn Flooring has one of the largest selections of luxury vinyl plank in Florida.
Benefits of Luxury Plank Vinyl
There are many different benefits to having luxury plank vinyl in your South Florida home; however, it can sometimes be helpful to look at the advantages compared to the drawbacks. Knowing the ins and outs of particular flooring types can be beneficial when you are choosing which rooms to put them. While understanding the detriments can help you avoid placing plank vinyl in places where it should not go.
The Pros and the Cons of Luxury Plank Vinyl
The Pros of Luxury Plank Vinyl
- Vinyl flooring is printed to appear in many different ways. That means that this type of flooring is entirely customizable with colors and varieties that know no limits. Among the colors and wood varieties, you also can choose the vinyl’s texture and finish.
- Any Subfloor
- You can install vinyl flooring on almost any type of subflooring. This includes but is not limited to cement, granite, laminate, and tile. This benefit of vinyl flooring makes it an even more affordable option due to the fact that you do not need to pay to have most flooring removed before adding your new luxury vinyl plank floor on top.
- Budget Friendly
- Affordability is one of vinyl floorings most widely known features. Before more high-quality varieties of vinyl, its low cost is one of the only good things consumers knew about this type of flooring. Now, with modern engineering and technologies, versatility is vinyl plank floorings main advantage followed closely by is still being outstandingly budget friendly. Not only does the cost of luxury plank typically under price other natural options, its installation related expenses are usually lower too due to its ease of install.
- Due to the ability to change the aesthetics of luxury vinyl plank, you can achieve different looks. Though most people typically think of vinyl that looks like wood, you can also choose a natural stone or tile appearance as well. This allows you to have nearly any color, any type of flooring, and any design you could think of all for the same affordability and durability of vinyl.
- There is a layer added to the top of luxury plank vinyl that helps it handle excess wear and tear, and allows the vinyl to meet commercial grade standards for sturdiness. Causing damage such as scratches or dents is very difficult, making vinyl plank flooring an excellent option for high traffic areas such as entryways and hallways.
- Low Maintenance
- Due to the smooth surface of vinyl, taking care of this flooring very easy. You typically only need to sweep or vacuum it. If spills do occur, you can use a damp mop to clean the affected area. There is never a need for polishing or waxing this type of floor covering. This easy to clean for flooring is ideal for homes with pets or children!
- Moisture Resistance
- Vinyl is moisture resistant naturally. If water or a spill does get on your vinyl flooring, simply wipe it up in a timely manner, so that the liquid does not seep into the seams, and the flooring should be unaffected by the moisture. This means that vinyl flooring can be used in almost any room in your home.
The Cons of Luxury Vinyl Plank
- Flexibility with Longevity
Luxury Vinyl flooring has many great benefits that make it ideal for any home.
- In other words, if you set any heavy item on the vinyl plank flooring for an extended period of time, you may risk putting permanent dents in the floor. For example: if you have an excessively heavy couch (such as a hide-a-bed with a steel frame) and you leave it in the same position, you could eventually create permanent indentations where the feet or structure of the couch was set continuously on the vinyl.
- Due to the nature of the materials vinyl is made from, it is not naturally biodegradable. While this does lead some people to believe that vinyl is not ecologically friendly, this is not true of every style. Some vinyl flooring can be recycled and repurposed and some processes for creating vinyl flooring can use less energy than is used to create other floor types.
- Not Weather Resistant
- Vinyl flooring can become brittle and fade over time with excessive ultraviolet exposure. This means that after prolonged exposure to sunlight, your floors could lose some of their durability and color vibrancy. This factor would only mater over a long period of time.
- Though today’s vinyl flooring is very durable and difficult to scratch or dent, you can puncture it with very sharp or weighty objects. This is not typically an issue; however, it is worth noting if you plan to utilize luxury plank flooring in your kitchen where you may periodically drop knives or broken glass. It is also important to remember this detriment if you will be utilizing this flooring in an industrial or commercial area that has extraordinarily heavy objects dropped or moved on it regularly. For example: any debris that is on the ground that has edges could puncture the flooring if it was ran over with a forklift or other heavy equipment.
- Depending on the method of installation, removing vinyl flooring can be challenging. There are two standard methods of installation, glue/adhesive or tongue, and an interlocking groove system. Floating luxury vinyl planks with a tongue and groove interlock are simpler to remove; however, if there were adhesives of any kind used during any part of the installation process, removal could be more troublesome and complete removal may require the help of a professional flooring removal service. It is also important to note that if adhesive was used and your subflooring was another floor covering like tile or hardwood, the underflooring will not be useable once the glued-on vinyl is removed.
Kuhn Flooring, Your South Florida Luxury Plank Vinyl Installers
Kuhn Flooring is one of south Florida’s leading luxury vinyl plank installation companies.
Kuhn Flooring is one of the best Luxury Plank Vinyl installation companies here in South Florida. Our team of knowledgeable experts has years of experience in the flooring industry and can assist you with all aspects of your project. We offer a wide selection of different flooring including tile, hardwood, laminate, carpet, and of course, luxury vinyl plank. Our design consultants can guide you in selecting the best flooring for each room while our installation team will install your new floors, completing your project beyond your satisfaction.
We offer a wide selection of luxury plank vinyl. As one of Florida’s leading flooring retailers and flooring installation companies, we pride ourselves in have some of the largest flooring options so that we can meet all our customer’s needs. Here at Kuhn flooring, we work with all different clients on all manner of projects. We have done many residential jobs as well as complex commercial developments throughout the South Florida area.
As a result of our commitment to our customers, we have excellent references and great reviews; in fact, you can read some of our five star Florida flooring reviews on our website. The combination of our design teams and flooring experts makes Kuhn Flooring the right flooring installation company for the job. If you are considering upgrading any of the floorings in your home or office, you should contact one of our agents today. We make your interior design needs our priority.
Resources and References