10 Apr 3 Questions You Need to Ask When Considering Custom Carpet Services
When considering getting a new carpet for your Parkland home, you can be overwhelmed with all of the choices and decisions there are to make. Realistically there are just three key questions. You will need to know which carpet you should choose, knowing how much flooring you will need is a must, and you will want to know who will install your carpet. Having the answer to these essential questions can make the entire process of getting new carpet hassle free.
Which carpet should you choose?
When considering which new carpet you want in your home, there are a few things you will want to think about:
- In which rooms will you be adding carpeting?
- Knowing what places you will want to have carpet in, will help you decide the following points as well as assisting to determine question number 2
- What kind of traffic will the rug see?
- Once you know what rooms you will be putting the carpeting in you will be able to decide the type of traffic that each rug will need to handle. Each kind of carpet pile is designed to handle a certain amount of traffic. The higher the pile typically, the plusher the carpet. Another thing to consider is which types of material will hold up to different types of ware and tare. For instance, some studies show that wool fiber carpeting might help with allergens and air quality in a home while others show that polyester fibers may hold up longer.
- What colors will look good in your room now but are also neutral enough to work with a different design or decoration themes?
- After you have decided on locations in your home and the carpet materials and pile type, you will want to consider the color and design. You will want to remember that darker colors tend to make a room look smaller, while lighter colors can help make a smaller space look bigger. Typically, medium colored and flecked carpeting shows less dirt or specks while rugs with patterns often show less staining. It is also essential to consider your current decor as well as keeping a flooring that could work with other ideas in case you want to change the design of your room without having to redo the flooring.
How much carpet will you need?
Though this seems pretty straight forward, it is not. You will need to find the area of the spaces you are putting the carpet to know how many square feet you will need. That being said, you will need to remember that most carpets come on 12 to 15-foot-wide rolls. Which could affect how much you will need to purchase. You will generally have to buy more than will be used for covering your floors. Another thing that could affect the amount of carpet that will be needed is the shape of each room. Having custom shapes will lead to extra seams and the need for more carpet. You will also want to note that if your carpet has a pattern, it could take more carpet due to matching the pattern for seamless coverage.
How Do I Choose which Carpet Installation Company to Use?
When deciding who will do your new carpet installation, you will want to think about the following things:
- As with most things in our life price is essential. You will want to compare the costs of Parkland new carpet; however, you will want to be sure to ask about hidden fees and all of the contractor’s policies to make sure you are getting accurate estimates.
- Ask the new carpet companies you get estimates from for references or places where you can see some of their previous jobs. Any contractor should be able to point you to a place where they have reviews. You can also look them up online. This might help you find some less than spotless points of view on each company. It is always best to know the good and the bad.
- Timing for job completion
- You will want to get not only a price quote but also to get a time estimate for when they can start your project and how long the contractor thinks it will take to finish the job.
- Additional flooring installation if you need more than carpet
- If you want hardwood, tile, vinyl, or laminate flooring in other rooms, it could be helpful if your new carpet was put in by a complete flooring contractor.
Kuhn Flooring is the Contractor for You
There is good news about our service and our Florida flooring. We have competitive pricing and some of the best reviews in the Parkland area. Our teams will work with you on your time frame, and we offer many different types of flooring. Contact us today so we can help you make your house the beautiful home you have always wanted it to be.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.