22 May Getting New Carpets Installed: What You Need to Know
Getting new carpeting can be exciting and fun. However, any time you have new people in your home or do something you have never done before, it’s nice to know how to plan for the situations. This article contains a few need to know facts about how to prepare for getting new carpet installed in your home.
Tips and Tricks for Home Preparation
There are multiple things that you can do to prepare your home for installation. Here is a comprehensive list of some of the top things that you can do or remember to make the installation go as smoothly as possible.
- Ensure that you have removed all furniture, electronics, chords, and other items that might be in the way. Typically, you want to remove as much from a room as you can, leaving it as empty as possible. If you have large or weighty items, you may need to hire a professional moving company to come and help you move these items before your carpet installation company shows up.
- If the room you are having carpeting installed in has any appliances that use gas or water, you must make arrangements to have those items safely disconnected before new carpet installation. Though carpeting is not typically placed near your stove, water heater, or sink, keep in mind that if you have a ventless electric or gas fireplace, you may need to move it during the carpet installation process.
- The best temperature for carpet installation is around 70 degrees Fahrenheit. It can help the installation go more smoothly if you maintain your home temperature between 60 and 80 degrees. This could mean that you will have to adjust your heating or cooling system based on the temperature outside.
- If you are not just replacing your flooring but doing a full remodel, it is essential to remember that some projects really should be done before you get carpeting laid, including:
- If you are remodeling your space, you need to make sure that all doors and windows are correctly installed and able to be shut completely. This is an essential step for a few reasons.
- You need to maintain the proper temperature for the carpet adhesives.
- You want to ensure that the carpet height is functional with your door height.
- You must limit access to the new carpeting immediately after initial placement.
- Another thing to consider is that the installation crew may be reliant on your home’s electricity to install your carpets. While some teams bring their own generators, you should not count on this.
- If the area you will be adding carpet to has a closet, you should remove any shoes, boxes, clothing, or other miscellaneous items that might be hanging too low or placed on the floor.
- Talk to your installation company and see if they are okay with you leaving your baseboards and molding up or if you should take them down. Be sure you discuss this at length to verify which option ensures the least amount of damage.
- Children or pets must be kept securely away from the work area on the day of carpet installation. This keeps them safe from any tools or equipment that could cause them harm.
- If any member of your family has difficulty breathing or any , you may want them to avoid the workspace. Sometimes dust or adhesive fumes can aggravate their conditions.
Kuhn Flooring and Your New Carpet Installation
Kuhn Flooring is . We offer complete flooring installation services and have a design team that works with you to select your carpeting as well as any other flooring variety you might want. Our installation team can talk you through the entire process as well as give you more details on what we need you to do before we arrive to install your new flooring. The flooring experts here at Kuhn Flooring can help you turn your house into the home you have always dreamed of. Contact us now to get started on your home flooring project today.