15 May Coral Springs New Carpet: The Costs and Benefits
Getting new carpets in our home here in was one of the best decisions that we have ever made. It has added so much warmth and beauty to our home, and my family and I love the way that it turned out. After having such a fabulous experience with our carpet installation, I just want to take a few minutes to share with you the incredible things that we have learned about carpet during this experience including some of its benefits, some of the costs associated with it, and who we finally choose for our installation after tons of research. Hopefully, this article will help save you from having to do as much leg work as we did!
The Benefits of Carpet
I know when we were looking to transform our house into a place that felt a little more like home, there was a massive debate about functionality vs. beauty. What we learned, in the long run, is that you don’t need to sacrifice either. When considering , we weighed the good with the bad. Here is a list of the benefits of having carpet in your home. Some of them might surprise you; they surprised me.
- I know this might seem obvious; however, I find that I can’t leave it off of my list. Few other flooring types can add such incredible vibrancy to a home while also creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Unlike some different kinds of floor coverings, carpet is by far one of the most diverse in color, pattern, and texture options. Because of the designs available, you can change your entire home with just a few carpet installations.
- This is one that surprised me when I was talking to our carpet retailer. It probably shouldn’t have, but I had never really thought about carpet having insulating properties. This is particularly true on ground level floors during the winter.
- When your floors are hard, there is a lot clicking and thumping that goes on. I know we noticed it most in our living room when the kids were upstairs! Adding carpet to their bedroom has vastly improved our quality of living.
- Carpets typically have padding placed under them, making them safer than most other hard surfaces. Ultimately, if you were to trip or fall on a carpeted floor, you are less likely to be injured compared to other flooring types.
The Costs of Carpet
I hope some of those benefits convinced you to get carpet in your home, but if they didn’t let me go over a little of what I learned about carpet costs.
- The first thing you need to know is that different piles of carpets cost different amounts of money.
- Typically, the taller the carpet pile, the more the carpet costs.
- Not all carpets are equal; in fact, not all carpets even consist of the same stuff.
- Another real cost increaser was the carpet padding. The thickness of the pad and the material components it was made from significantly impacted the cost per square foot.
- It may go without saying but the thinner the pad, the less it cost. Also, as a related note, I found that urethane foam was the least expensive padding on the market.
After selecting our new carpets and working with a team for installation, there was a step I had skipped altogether as I was planning for the project: the removal of my current flooring. While I have known people who did this project at home, after giving it a try, I found that I needed to hire a flooring removal service. They came in and completed all the flooring removal that I needed in a short period for what I felt was a more than fair fee if it meant I didn’t have to get on my hands and knees to get all the glue and things scraped up. Watching them pull up the old flooring did teach me that , there was tons of dirt and dust under my old carpeting.
The Best Coral Springs New Carpet Installation Company
After doing extensive research into the companies in our area, I ended up landing on Kuhn Flooring. They really are the best installation company. They did an excellent job on our flooring project. Their design team helped me select carpets that would work in the areas I wanted to put them, and their installation team was so reassuring during the entire process. I found that they had competitive pricing and by far the best review that I could find online. The service that we received was truly the same kind of service that every other customer has bragged about getting. If you are looking to get any new flooring in your home, I highly recommend that you give Kuhn Flooring a call today! I know that they would be glad to get you set up with a consultation.