Get great new laminate floors with Kuhn Flooring.
Laminate Flooring: The Right Choice for Your South Florida Home
When you are looking at getting new flooring in your South Florida home, it can be challenging to decide which type will be best for you and your needs. With carpeting, hardwood, linoleum, tile, and laminate to choose from, it can be hard to weigh and compare all the benefits of each. However, we believe that if you look into laminate flooring a little more, you will realize it has some of the benefits found in each of the flooring options making it an overall best selection for everyday residential flooring.
THE BENEFITS OF LAMINATE:
Though laminate flooring has previously had a bad reputation for being cheap looking or not durable, that just no longer is the case. The flooring industry has put a ton of technology and resources in to making laminate a better product. There are many reasons homeowners have started choosing laminate floors today. Now with its updated looks and durability, there are very few downsides to this flooring option. Here is a list of a few of the best features new laminate flooring has to offer.
- Cleaning – This type of flooring only requires sweeping or a vacuum cleaner set to low pile. If needed, you can utilize a dust mop or a low moisture mop to get this floor even cleaner, but there is never a need for added polish or waxing. This means that laminate floors are easy to clean and one of the lowest maintenance flooring available on the market. If an easy stress free clean is what you have been looking for, laminate flooring is for you!
- Moisture – Unlike other types of flooring, you can put laminate in rooms where it might get wet. There are even some waterproof laminate floorings available. Talk to your flooring retailer about the moisture resistant varieties of laminate flooring and what rooms these types of laminate would be best in. With the help of a professional laminate flooring installation team, you could have new flooring in your home in no time!
- Durability – Laminate holds up against dents and scratches because of a special built-in wear layer. This means that it holds up under many situations that most other floor types do not. Because of this added strength, laminate flooring is ideal for large families, children, and even pets. It will be protected against use, scratches, and scuffs for a long lifetime of use.
- Function – Certain flooring types can add extra stress to your body’s joints due to their hardness. Cement or tile kitchens or laundry rooms are infamous for causing pain in feet, knees, and hips. While laminate does look, feel, and function much like a hard flooring, most laminate has a little give to it which can help relieve and ease wear and tear on your body from continuous standing. Just the small amount of flexibility in laminate flooring can make a big difference to the aches and pains in your joints.
- Aesthetics – You can get new laminate flooring that looks like genuine hardwood, natural stone, and even different types of tile. The look of laminate has come a long way, and many people cannot tell the difference in the products. In addition to the right look, laminate floors also have the texture of the product you are imitating. This texturization is very important for the laminate’s ability to accurately imitate the natural look and feel of other materials.For example, the wood grain will not just be printed on a laminate plank, it will also be stamped or etched into the top layer so that when you run your hand across it or when light catches the grain it is more realistic looking and feeling.This same process is done with grout lines in tile looks or textured markings on natural stone. This 3D affect makes the flooring more lifelike.
“… we believe that if you look into laminate flooring a little more, you will realize it has some of the benefits found in each of the flooring options making it an overall best selection for everyday residential flooring.”
This extra attention to detail, along with the combination of the best benefits from other flooring options, makes laminate one of the most excellent flooring choices with some of the most valuable benefits.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN LAMINATE
A variety of textures and finishes are available for laminate flooring
Once you have decided that having laminate as the primary flooring in your South Florida home is the right choice for you, there are plenty of other decisions to make. Below is a list of things you should consider when selecting which laminate floor is right for you.
- Shape and size
- Design and customization
Let’s take a more detailed look at each of these features. Consider which aspects of laminate flooring might be most important to you. This will help you to narrow your flooring search to a few different brands or styles.
What texture are you looking for in your laminate flooring? Some laminates look like hardwood while others look like stone, and still, others look like tile. Which look and feel are you trying to achieve in your home?
Most manufacturers finish laminate floorings before installation. There are typically two finishes to choose from, matte or glossy. The main difference between these finishes is purely cosmetic, and the choice between them comes down to your personal preference.
Glossy flooring can add more light to a room while it may show scratches or dirt more easily than a matte coating will. Ask your flooring installation company if you can take home some samples to look at in your home.
SHAPES AND SIZES OF LAMINATE
Create a unique design look by utilizing laminate flooring in your home today
Most laminate can be purchased as tiles or in strips like planks. These units of flooring can be placed in varying patterns to achieve a look that is personalized and customized to the final appearance you are trying to create in your home. Talk to the design specialists at your flooring retailer. They will be able to offer you tips and advice on how to get your space to appear larger, or to build an area that is welcoming.
DESIGN AND CUSTOMIZATION
If you are trying to achieve a specific design or ideal look in your home, there is no better option for flooring than laminate. Laminate allows you to get an exact color match and pattern. You will be able to match curtains, wall color, and furniture to your sample colors with no worry that the natural material may have variations in color.
When talking to your laminate flooring installation company, you should discuss with them the different options that they offer. You will want to consider the colors and varieties carefully. Here in South Florida, many of us must think about the area where we live.
If your property has a lot of sand, you may want to consider a lighter colored flooring to camouflage any sand that makes its way into your home between cleanings. If you happen to live in a location where there is a lot of dirt or grass, you should consider earth tones or neutral colors.
“Laminate allows you to get an exact color match and pattern. You will be able to match curtains, wall color, and furniture to your sample colors with no worry that the natural material may have variations in color.”
You should also keep in mind when changing your flooring that not every room needs to have laminate flooring. Also, just because you have decided to go with one style or color of laminate in your kitchen, that does not mean that you must use the same style or design in your front entryway.
KUHN FLOORING AND YOUR SOUTH FLORIDA HOME
Kuhn Flooring Gallery, a South Florida laminate flooring installation company near you.
Kuhn Flooring is the best laminate installation company in all South Florida. We offer some of the highest quality laminate products with a wide variety of options, and our specialized flooring team can help you with every step of your project. Additionally, our design team can assist you in making an overall plan for your home. They will work with you to help you choose the right types of flooring for each room you are looking to update. We offer many different flooring types as well as the different laminate options. Our design team can help you decide what flooring to get for each area. They specialize in finding quality selections that will meet your home’s physical needs, your visual desires, and your financial budget. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction, but you do not have to take our word for it, you can read our five star Florida flooring reviews online.
Once you finalize your selections, our installation teams will set up a schedule for a timetable that works best for you. We will come out and install your new flooring to your specifications and have your home looking great in no time!
If, after reading this article, you have more questions about laminate or having new flooring installed in your home, contact us at Kuhn Flooring. We can answer your questions as well as get you started on your flooring project today. Our team will gladly go over every aspect of the process as well as go over any financial data that you need. With our friendly experts helping you, you will find that getting new flooring can be a simple process that leaves your house feeling refreshed and more like home.
Resources and References